Book Review 1
"The Elephant Man" by Tim Vicary (oxford bookworms library 1) 400 headwords
We can see the movie of this story (1980) and the supervisor is David Lynch. John Hurt as Joseph Merrick.
At first, I thought it was sad story, because the Elephant Man was very ugly and Simon Silcock put him on a show. People stay away from or laught at him. After I have read this book, I noticed that the Elephant Man, Joseph Merrick was happy.
It was surely difficult for him to live as ordinary people, but there were many good friends around him. Dr. Frederick Treves didn't want him to live in a light house or a home for blind people. Because of Dr Treves's help, Joseph could live a happy life . He enjoyed watching a play in a theatre and coomuned with beautiful nature like you and me. Though his death was unfourtunate accident, I think he made a right choice. He was no more the Elephant Man or a creature, but a human being who was the same as us.

3 Comments:
Have you seen the movie?
>Rick
No, I haven't, but I'd like to see it. I heard the movie is a little horrible.
>Yuki
Are you allright? I am wooried about you very much.Please take a rest.
>Natsumi
Thank you your cooment. Yes, we can rent this book in KGU Library, and it's easy to read.
Post a Comment
<< Home